CRYPTO DEV SIGNER
This package is written because at the time no good solution seemed to exist for solving the following combined requirements and issues:
- A service has custody of its users' private keys.
- The are a large number of private keys involved (hundreds of thousands and up).
- Need to sign transactions conforming to EIP-155, with the ability to arbitrarily specify the "chain id".
- Do not want to store the keys inside an ethereum node, especially not the one connected to the network.
- Want to use the "standard" web3 JSON-RPC interface, so that the component can be easily replaced later.
- Multiple providers don't work on either web3.js and/or web3.py.
- As a bonus, provide a practical keystore solution for testing in general for web3 projects.
When installed with pip/setuptools, this package provides a Unix socket IPC server as
crypto-dev-daemon implementing the following web3 json-rpc methods:
The classes and packages provided are:
- Keystore: Interface definition
- ReferenceKeystore: Implements the
Keystoreinterface, with a postgresql backend expecting sql schema as defined in
- Transaction: Interface definition.
- EIP155Transaction: Creates transaction serializations appropriate for EIP155 replay protected signatures. Accepts a web3 format transaction dict as constructor argument together with nonce and optional chainId.
- Signer: Interface definition. Its
signTransactionmethod expects an object implementing the
- ReferenceSigner Implements
Signer, accepting a single argument of type
This software is in alpha state.
Current version is 0.2.5
No responsibility assumed for any use of this software. You're on your own, as usual.